In an effort to assist those individuals who may be seeking medical care services we think it is essential now more than ever to provide pricing information so that people can make informed decisions about their healthcare cost. This information allows consumers to better anticipate and understand their financial responsibilities as it relates to their medical care services at our hospital.
Providing visibility to the pricing of medical care services we offer is just another way we exhibit our vision and mission of providing excellent patient care.
“Pricing Transparency” is readily available information regarding the price of healthcare services that, together with other information, helps define the value of those services and enables patients and other care purchasers to identify, compare, and choose providers that offer the desired level of value.
CMS requires hospitals to define five different types of standard charges that should be available for patient to see:
- Gross Charge: The full price listed on the hospital chargemaster. Gross charges can vary from hospital to hospital for the same procedure or service based on factors like hospital location, physician supply and medication preferences, the kinds of services the facility typically provides, and the expertise required to deliver the services.
- Discounted Cash Price: The price offered to patients who pay on their own without third-party insurance coverage.
- Payer-Specific Negotiated Charge: The charge a hospital has negotiated with a third-party payer for an item or service, which can vary based on your coverage and specific plan. You’ll sometimes see this referred to as the “allowed amount” on an insurer’s EOB.
- De-identified Minimum Negotiated Charge: The lowest charge a hospital has negotiated for an item or service across all insurers.
- De-identified Maximum Negotiated Charge: The highest charge a hospital has negotiated for an item or service across all insurers.
The pricing includes per day room and board (for inpatients), supplies, nursing care, equipment use, nutritional services, and any services handled by the staff of the hospital within the walls of the hospital. It does not include professional physician services, lab, diagnostic testing or services provided by a third party.
This information serves as a resource for you to obtain estimated pricing for services performed at AHN Neighborhood Hospitals. We hope that this information may be of assistance as you seek to obtain financial information about your pending care. The information provided is meant to enable you to make more informed decisions about your healthcare and have a better understanding when you visit our hospital.
Obtaining an Estimate
In order to provide insured patients with the most accurate estimate based on your specific plan coverage and prospective services, please contact your insurance carrier. It is important that you contact your insurance company to ensure that the services required are “covered services”. Having the following information available when you call can provide you with the most accurate estimate possible:
- Description of services needed
- Type of Services needed
- Physician/Specialist Name
- Your Insurance Card
- Policyholder’s Personal Information
Please keep in mind that your policy is a binder between you and your insurance company. If you did not follow your insurance plan’s terms, they may not pay for all or part of your care. If you have any questions for us, AHN Neighborhood Hospitals, please contact our Service Center at (888) 617-8548 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.
AHN Neighborhood Hospitals cannot guarantee the accuracy of the pricing information provided on this website. The final bill for services rendered at AHN Neighborhood Hospitals may be different from the information provided by this website, and AHN Neighborhood Hospitals shall not be liable for any inaccuracies.
Uninsured pricing and insured pricing for available hospital services can be found at the following link:
Pricing Transparency Updated: January 22, 2021
AHN Neighborhood Hospitals make no guarantees regarding the accuracy of the pricing information provided herein. The pricing information provided by this website is strictly an estimate of prices, and AHN Neighborhood Hospitals cannot guarantee the accuracy of any estimates. All estimates are based on information provided by a prospective patient and do not include, among other things, any unforeseen complications, additional tests or procedures, and non-hospital related charges, any of which may increase the ultimate cost of the services provided. Any prospective patient should understand that a final bill for services rendered at AHN Neighborhood Hospitals may differ substantially from the information provided by this website, and AHN Neighborhood Hospitals shall not be liable for any inaccuracies.